Revision Date: Wed May 1, 2019
1.Yozo supplies matching services between finance lenders and prospective borrowers within the financial sector.
Information to be collected
2. Yozo has collected your personal and/or business information from your use of Yozo’s provision of matching services, including:
- your name, email address(es), residential and/or mailing address, telephone and/or facsimile number, date of birth;
- our Site access information such as your username and password;
- records of your interaction on our Site, such as your IP address, and any other information that you may have input onto our Site using tools, including but not limited to product selection tools, finance calculators, budget planners, etc.;
- Business particulars such as company name, business trading name, ABN and/or ACN, registered business address, business trading address, scale of business, industry, company structure and other relevant information;
- Financial and operating information such as business turnover, sales channels, your payment history on other debt and other relevant information;
- Personal and/or business documentation wherein you may wish to provide this documentation to us so that we may provide same to our lending partners to support your financing application. These documents include but not limited to the following:
- bank account statements;
- tax statements;
- income statements;
- litigation history;
- annual financial reports;
- balance sheets.
- Subject to clause 2 (f) , these documents will be stored securely by us and only shared with our lending partners with your express permission. We do not share these documents to another third party without your permission.
- We do not seek to collect sensitive information, including your health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, professional or trade association or trade union, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, biometric information that is to be used for certain purposes, or biometric templates, unless it is necessary to carry out our services to you. In the event that we have to collect the aforesaid sensitive information, we shall strictly adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles.
- To ensure that we introduce the best products and services to you, we reserve our rights to request you to contact us with any updates to keep all information up to date that we hold.
Use of information
3. We are required to collect and maintain this information to conduct the following in order to carry out our services, which includes but not limited to:
- matches you to our lending partners who may be able to provide you with finance;
- introduce you to our lending partners who may be able to provide you with finance;
- discuss and compare different matched options with you, including different available products and lenders;
- deal with your complaints, requests, or issues you may have with our website or services;
- review your past interactions with us for the purposes of improving our Site, products and services;
- conduct credit analytics, including but not limited to, financial ratio analysis. We will use these analytics to better inform you, your financial advisers, and our lending partners (see immediately below) about your creditworthiness and ability to service debt;
- provide lenders with information they need to contact you in order to discuss financing options. We will only ever provide a lender with this information once you have explicitly opted to retrieve your loan matches. The information we may provide to a lender in these circumstances includes:
- your identification and contact information (business owner name, business name, ABN/ACN, contact phone number, contact email, etc.); and
- information collected during the matching process - this may include any information you have input into our matching form or enabled us to access via our software, including operating or financial information. Provision of this information is necessary to facilitate a prompt and effective conversation around your financing needs, and will save you and our lending partners time and effort in applying for finance;
- outputs of our credit analytics above;
- provide lenders with application information and supporting documentation in the event that you decide to apply for finance with a particular lender. If you decide to apply for finance with a particular lender, you may choose to do this through our website. If so, we may offer to collect and collate all information required by the lender that you have chosen to apply to. Any supporting documentation collected via this process (e.g., hard copy financial statements, cash flow projects etc.) will be disclosed solely to that lender; and
- we may provide our registered customers with email alerts, including summaries of their activity on Yozo. We may also allow users to subscribe to email newsletters and from time to time, may transmit emails promoting Yozo or third-party goods, services or content. Registered customers have the ability to opt out of receiving our promotional emails and to terminate their newsletter subscriptions by following the instructions in the emails at any time. Opting out in this manner will not end transmission of service-related emails, such as email alerts.
Such disclosure is to your benefit and enables us to improve the products and services that we offer that are available on our Site.
4. If the personal information is not collected, we may not be able to provide any matching services between you and our lending partners.
Information disclosures to third parties
6. Additionally, Yozo may share personal information about our user base with carefully selected third parties. This facilitates a better offering of goods and services that may of interest to you in near future. If you do not wish to receive offers from our selected third parties, you will be able to opt-out of these communications through your user account.
7. Asides from the disclosures as set out in clause 6 and 10, we may make disclosures as required by law. You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to comply with Australian law, accord with requests or orders from law enforcement, comply with a legal process such as court orders, or protect or defend Yozo’s rights or property, or a third party’s rights or property if necessary.
Collection of information from third parties
8. Upon your use of our Site and services, you acknowledge that we may gain access to external data sources from third parties which may include your personal and/or business information from time to time. As such, you acknowledge and agree that we may use this information to combine data to the information we hold as to carry our specific business purposes.
Security of personal information
9. Yozo endeavours to maintain robust security measures to protect any loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of information stored on our database. We exercise utmost care in providing secure transmission of information between your computer, smart devices such as smartphones and tablets, and/or other electronic devices and our servers. Notwithstanding this, we do not guarantee that any security of information that is submitted via the internet.
Disclosure of information to overseas
10. You acknowledge and agree that we may hold or process information we hold about you on servers located overseas, including but not limited to storage, hosting, analytical, reporting, testing, and filtering purposes.
11. In the event that we have to store or migrate our database overseas, we endeavour to ensure our selected third-party or affiliated organisations providing the servers have appropriate data handling and security standards to comply with this policy.
Cookies and beacons
13. We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
14. We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
Access to information
15. You may request for the information that we hold about you through the contact details on our website. We will process your request within a reasonable time, which will depend on the nature and size of the request. The request per se is free of charge. However, we reserve our rights to charge you for the cost of processing your request, including but not limited to (an hourly rate of our personnel collating your information, or sundries fees).
16. Where empowered by required by law, we may refuse access to certain personal information. In the event that we refuse such request, we shall give you notice of the reasons of refusal.
17. We endeavour to promptly respond to any questions or complaints you may have regarding our privacy processes. If at any time you may have a complaint about our collection, handling, use or disclosure of information, please write to us at:
Yozo Finance Pty Ltd
383 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000
383 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Amendment of policy
18. We reserve our rights to amend this policy from time to time without prior notice or consent, unless otherwise we are required to do so. In the event that we make any material changes to this policy, we will notify you by email and change the revision date at the top of this policy.
We advise users to review this page from time to time in order to stay up-to-date regarding changes of this policy.